Thursday, May 23, 2013

Taylor's Chocolatiest Chocolate Chip Cookies

If there's one thing I love to brag about, it's my chocolate chip cookies. I also love to brag about my super secret ingredient that I use. And today... (drum roll)... I'm going to share it with you. This is a really big deal. 

It's oatmeal. Yeah, YOU HEARD ME. "But Taylor, wouldn't that just be oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?" No. Keep reading. Please :)


Ingredients:
1 c. (2 sticks) butter or margarine 
2 c. sugar
2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
5 c. oatmeal
12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks
12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375°
Step 2: Cream butter, brown and white sugar, salt and vanilla. 
Step 3: Next, add each egg to the mixture, one at a time.
Step 4: Mix in flour, baking soda and baking powder.

And now... the big shabang...
BLENDED OATMEAL! WHOA. YOU NEVER SAW THAT ONE COMING. 

Step 5: Blend oatmeal in food processor (or shake maker, in my case) until it's the consistency of flour. Blend into mixture.

 

 Gorgeous. The oatmeal blends in perfectly with the mixture but leaves you with the most scrumptious texture you can even imagine.

Step 6: Chocolate. Throw it all in there and fold in.




Step 7: Shape the dough into golf-ball sized balls (I always make mine a little bit bigger) and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes.


The finished product!


I made a few without chocolate chips because I have a friend (cough, cough, Katharine) that doesn't like chocolate. Sounds like a sad, lonely existence to me. But I decided to be accommodating anyway.

"Are they cool enough to eat yet?" (My nephew, Levi)

Seriously though, if these aren't the best chocolate chip cookies you've ever had... I don't know what I'll do. But we won't have to worry about it. Because they're the best. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment