Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy [Belated] Birthday... to me!

Since I was completely late in posting this, I figured the one month anniversary of my 21st birthday was a good excuse to post this and make it look like I meant to do it.

I've been attempting to eat healthier this summer, but since my birthday just happened to fall on a Wednesday, I figured that my participation in Tulsa's Food Truck Wednesday was practically fate.

Food Truck Wednesday at the Guthrie Green
 I'd been hearing all about this Lone Wolf truck. Having no idea what it was, my mom and I decided to give it a try. So, we sped down to the Guthrie Green and got in line. By the time the truck opened at 11:30 a.m., the line was wrapped around the corner.

The truck claims to be "Vietnamese/French fusion". I know, it sounds kind of weird. But keep reading. If these pictures don't make your mouth water, then you must not have a fat heart.

Lone Wolf is famous for its Banh Mi, which is: a freshly baked baguette from Antoinette Baking Co. (also delicious) stuffed with Kung Pao Pork, carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, and the most delicious sauce. Maybe ever.

I have no words.

I'm going to take this moment to interject a fun fact about my mom. My mom loves salt. I'm not talking about a dash here and there, I'm talking about this:
 
Yes. She actually carries salt and pepper in her car just in case she needs them. Don't fret, we did not go without salt!

Lone Wolf is also famous for their Kimchi Fries. French fries with [more] Kung Pao Pork, cilantro, sauce, carrots, avocado, bacon and a big fried egg on top. The bacon and the egg were the special add-ons that day. The add-ons are constantly changing, so you may get to try something different!


Yup. Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment