Sunday, May 5, 2013

T-Town Eateries Vol. 1

So, I have a problem. Rather, Tulsa has a problem. Tulsa has entirely too many delicious local places to dine. The saddest part about this revelation is that I've lived here since my sophomore year in high school and I'm just now discovering this.

Anyway, back to my problem. Every time I come home for the weekend, we decide to try out all these new, scrumptious, exciting places and I gain about ten pounds in one weekend. Eh. You only live once, right?

So, Saturday night, my parents and I decided to try Caz's Chowhouse downtown. I loved this place. It had the "local" feeling that I was really hoping for. Plus, my 21st birthday is in a month and I finally found a restaurant that serves hard apple cider, a favorite drink of mine from my trip to London this summer! Guess where I'll be on June 5th?
The restaurant also featured a couple witty-titled wines: Lost Slipper Sauvignon Blanc and A Charming Pinot Noir. How cute is that? 

We all three opted for the chicken & waffles. Yup. I said it. Golden, fried chicken strips on top of a butter and syrup-smothered waffle. Healthy. For the soul.


Now... The chicken was delicious. However, because I'm totally spoiled by mom's perfectly fluffy and slightly crispy waffles at home... I'm sad to report that the waffle was not quite up to my standard. Blame my mom if you must, but I had to be honest. This girl needs a little more fluff in her waffle.

Tonight, we tried another new haunt on Peoria called Mondo's, a local, family-owned Italian place. I like to think of myself as a bit of an Italian food expert since I'm minoring in the language, and my expert tongue says YUM. It was so yummy, in fact, that I dug into my plate so fast after they sat it down that I forgot to take a "before" picture... you guys get to see the "after", instead.



Call me old-fashioned, but I opted for the classic spaghetti and meatballs. I wasn't disappointed. The meal was also served with a fresh salad (all dressings made in-house) and hot garlic bread. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Don't be fooled: from the outside, Mondo's looks modern and stylish. On the inside, while still stylish, it's a very cozy and friendly environment. Highly recommended by this Italian expert! Bellissima!

Ciao, bellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment