Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Cuppies & Joe



I love coffee shops. I mean, I really really love them. A lot. I will admit, I do love Starbucks, but nothing makes me happier than discovering a local coffee haunt.

For you Tulsans, my favorite spot is Shades of Brown (not to be confused with "Shades of Grey", as my mom likes to call it - accidentally, of course) on Peoria. The atmosphere is so cozy and the Chai lattes (hot or cold) are to die for. Better than Starbucks, if I may be so bold. I have to thank my sister-in-law, Leslie, for telling me about that one.

In the last month, I've tried out two different local coffee shops in the Oklahoma City area. Coffee Slingers on Broadway (really cool, modern rustic-y feel... great mugs) and my most recent find today, Cuppies & Joe. My mom and I tried to go there a couple weeks ago but it was closed, so we decided to give it another go today! Since the beginning of summer, I've been doing my best to eat cleaner and healthier but... how could you go to a place called Cuppies & Joe and not eat a cupcake? I mean, that would just be an insult to the establishment. A sin, if you will, in the world of baking and happiness.

So, first of all, all the "cuppies" had really cool names like Boom Boom Pow, Bangarang, Mary Poppins, and my cupcake, The Traveler. Ooooh, The Traveler. So fancy! So hip! Anyway, it was actually a brownie with chocolate butter cream frosting. Totally worth the splurge.



As for the Joe, I had an iced Chai (my summer regular) and they immediately scored brownie points (pun intended) by serving it in a mason jar. I have an odd obsession with mason jars of all kinds. If it's in a mason jar, it's alright in my book. Mason jar aside, the Chai was delicious. I gulped it in less than two minutes.

I really regret not taking more pictures because it really was an adorable place. I know you're all just looking at your screen thinking, "Golly gee, I wish she would have taken more pictures!" I'm so sorry to disappoint. Maybe next time!

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a neat place. I wish I could be an iced-drink lover, but I just prefer it hot. It would be a lot more convenient during the summer-long heatwave if I liked them iced! Topeca's chai latte is as good as Shades'!

    ReplyDelete