Monday, December 30, 2013

An Ode to my Kitchen Aid Mixer


Dear Mixer (she-who-has-yet-to-be-named),

It's so nice to finally meet you. Christmas was very kind to me this year!

For years, I had fawned over your beautiful red hue... drooled over the way in which you mixed batters with such ease! I longed to know what it was like to flip your switch and then sit back and relax while you did what you do best: mix. And let me tell you, you did not disappoint. (Truly, my mixing arm is forever in your debt!)


I scoured Pinterest during the days following Christmas in search of something worthy of your bake-Christening. Yesterday, I found it. Double chocolate chip cookies. Yep... That was the one. I woke up this morning and headed straight to the store to purchase semi-sweet choco-chips and chunks (chips+chunks=heaven).

When the time was right, I flipped your switch from "off" to "on"... And I watched you go! Just like I always dreamed it! I didn't have to stop the mixer each time I had to add the dry mixture (flour, baking powder, salt) in small increments. You just go, go, go! Flour didn't cover the kitchen (and myself) like it typically does when I attempted to mix it in with my little hand mixer. I barely even had to scrape the sides with my silicone spatula! And, almost too soon, the chocolatey batter was ready to bake.

It may be cheesy to say that you've changed my life, but alas, dear mixer, 'tis true! I can't wait for our many happy days to come. I'll never bake without you again... and that's a promise!

Your loving baker,
Taylor





2 comments:

  1. Your cookies look wonderful sitting by your shiny red mixer! Enjoyed reading! Have a great and fun 2014!

    ReplyDelete