Sunday, January 20, 2013

Syrup

Syrup is located in downtown Norman, OK
For the first time in my college career, I have Fridays off. WOOHOO! But I've already made a pact with myself that I'm going to use Fridays to be productive and not laze around all day. Was I productive this past Friday? No. However, I did get up early to try out this hip, new breakfast place, Syrup, with my roommate before her meeting at 10:30 a.m. So at least I got out of bed, right?

AT DAWN, WE FEAST! Okay, it was 9 a.m. when we left, but that's pretty early for a college kid.

As the name alludes, Syrup is famous for their loaded waffles and pancakes. In an unpredictable moment, Katharine and I opted for the Eggs Benedict.


One scrumptious English Muffin topped with avocado (a little unique for Eggs Benedict, but delicious!), crispy pepper bacon rather than the typical Canadian, two perfectly poached eggs and a creamy Hollandaise sauce.


You could definitely say I wasn't disappointed with my decision.

Not to mention the atmosphere of this place! It was, in the words of Katharine, practically a living Pinterest board in there. I should have snapped a few more pictures, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back soon to try some of those famous waffles.

It's officially 11:30 p.m. on a Sunday, and guess who wants Eggs Benedict? Yep.

Love always,
Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment